Beauty doesn’t have to cost you an arm in a leg. I thought I would mix things up a bit by sharing some ways that anyone can look and feel prettier for under 10 bucks. You might even end up feeling healthier too. So get out your favorite writing instrument and start jotting down these essential items for your next grocery list:
(1) Nails: If your nails look a little ragged and you don’t have the money or time to get a manicure, just use a little vaseline,or any type of oil on them. You’ll look like you just stopped by the salon on your way out to a party!
(2) Dewy soft, clean skin: Turn your favorite breakfast oatmeal into a mini face lift. Mix 1/2 cup of oats with 3 tablespoons of milk to make a paste that will brighten you up in 15 minutes. Apply to your face, taking care not to get it in your eyes. Lay back and enjoy drying while listening to some soothing tunes. Rinse off, apply makeup. Voila! Who knew beauty could fill your belly up?
(3) Wrinkle Reducer: Put a few carrots in the blender to temporarily take 5 years off your face. The beta carotine in carrots represent one of nature’s crime stoppers when it comes to fighting wrinkles. Combat the mark of time marching across your face: use carrot oil, carrots in a blender, or you can just munch away. Heck, dip the carrots in humus while you eat them to get an extra boost in your immune system through the garlic.
(4) Scars: While we LOVE scars over here at RockScar Love, we do understand everyone’s desire to make them a smidge less obvious at times. So, buy a bottle of Vitamin E at your local drug store and apply to scars old and new. With consistent use and a little patience, vitamin E will reduce the size and alleviate some of the redness. Ladies, Vitamin E also makes a fantastic eye makeup remover that helps to protect the skin from wrinkles.
(5) Hydrating the skin: I don’t want people to just call me honey, I want to taste like honey! Apply a little honey to your face and let it dry for 1o minutes. Honey locks in the natural oils of your skin and helps to rehdryate your water deprived skin. Just realize that honey isn’t easy to wash off. Get prepared to spend a few minutes working on getting it off your face.
(6) Hair: If you want to have a mane of hair that looks like that of celebrity, Julia Roberts, then try not drinking your Budweiser, but washing with it. Just soak your hair in a bowl with a bottle or two of flat beer. This repairs damaged locks of hair. Rinse with cool water. Everyone, young and old, will chat about your luscious mane.
(7) Teeth: Instantly brighten your smile with a mixture of salt, baking soda and water. Before Crest Whitestrips, this was a common of getting instantly whiter teeth for under $5.
(8) Massage: “Rock Of Ages” is not the only rock people talk about. Grab a few smooth river stones, wash throughly and boil in water. Lay down and ask your partner to place the stones on your neck, shoulders, soles of feet and small of your back. Have a little Vitamin E oil left over from fighting your scars? Rub the oil on the outside of one of the stones and massage away. A sensual, relaxing way to sooth sore muscles and relieve tension.
(9) Feet: Looking to wake the feet up a little? Soak your toes in some warm water with a few red chili peppers. No, I don’t mean the band – that’s Red Hot Chili Peppers. I’m talking about the red chili peppers from the supermarket produce section. The capsaicin in peppers creates circulation the your blood stream which will give you prettier, more youthful looking toes. Eating peppers also helps to increase your metabolism if you’re looks to burn a few pounds!
(10) Smooth Elbows & Heels: 1/4 cup of sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oils will helps to bring back smooth elbows and heels. This natural exfoliant will make them feel soft and touchable again.
Try using these simple, inexpensive ingredients to create a private home spa experience. Remember to treat everyone with respect and dignity — that’s free and beautiful at once. Don’t believe it? Makeup artist to the stars, Stephen Dimmick, says, “Scrumptious is as scrumptious does.” Now get out there and show everyone your personal beauty and your scrumptious self. Want a bonus tip? Purchase a pair of hot Scars R Sexy Boy Shorts underwear to increase your sensuality “under there” and help support health care related charities. (OK, so they cost a tiny bit over $10, but who’s counting when it comes to looking hot while helping others?)
Your turn: Let me know how these tips work for you in the comment section below.
Images courtesy of womenzmag dot com